Friday, March 2, 2012

The World Is Full of Mystery

Mystery #1
So this blogger thing tells me neat stuff, like how many folks view my blog each day and what kind of browser and operating systems folks use to see it.  (Most of you from an Android device, you fancy devils!  I still don't have a smart phone or other such thing.)

The neatest part, though, is where in the wold folks are peeking in from.  And guess what?  Russia showed up!  So I have two questions:
  1. Is someone I know in Russia?  If so, do tell me all about your adventures!
  2. If not, howdy new friend!
Okay, I guess that was maybe only 1 question.  I could have worked harder to make two, but I choose not to.

When I was in about the 9th grade I really, really wanted to learn to speak Russian.  I went to the library and checked out a little book and tape.  I was super excited, but man, I tell you I could not make it past the alphabet.  I bet it would have been better if I'd been able to take a class in school.

Mystery #2
I cannot count.  The piano actually has 73 keys, which is quite a bit fewer than 80, which was already quite a bit fewer than 88.  Ho hum!  Honestly, though, if it was any bigger I'm not sure it would fit in the apartment without being in the way all the time.  So I suppose a small piano is better than no piano.  I'm still a tad bummed, though.  (There had better not be even fewer keys the next time I count!)

I don't know whether the "missing" keys are from the top or bottom or both.  Googling has been no help in this matter!  Also, people on the internets say nasty things about spinet pianos.  I think they are snooty.  Not everyone can have the biggest and best, and really, I'd rather have a little ole spinet than an electric piano.  Which probably makes me snooty, too.

Mystery #3
On a different Google Quest, I typed "why does" into Google, and the following suggestions were offered to me:
  • "why does my urine smell"
  • "why does missouri have a bootheel" 
  • "why does my eye twitch"
  • "why doesn't god heal amputees"
Then I promptly forgot what I was originally asking.  Short of living in Missouri, which I think Google does know, why does Google think I want to know these other things?  I'm sure I've googled some weird stuff before, but honestly, pee, twitches, state lines, and miraculous limb growth are not among my various and sundry ponderings.

1 comment:

  1. hehe, I tried the "why does" on Goggle and got:

    ...ice float
    ...my eye twitch
    ...god allow suffering
    ...your stomach growl

    What a weird combo!

    Wanna have some other Google fun? Type in "do a barrel roll" in the search bar!

    ReplyDelete