Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Am Super Gross

Today is Day #2 home sick from work.  I think I have the flu or something.  My tonsils are swollen; the lymph nodes in my poor little neck are swollen and sensitive to the touch; my nose is in competition with Niagara Falls for fluid output per second; my body is all achy; and guess what time I finally drifted off to sleep last "night" in my discomfort?  Some time after 5:00 a.m.  I am usually a very dainty, feminine sweater; last night I would have put Andy Roddick to shame.  It was literally one of the worst nights of sleep in my entire life.


Then at 7:45 a.m. my body said to wake up or I'd be late for work.  I called my boss letting her know that I'm super gross and had slept for an invigorating total of about 2 hours.  She was amazingly understanding, but my body didn't get the memo that we could now sleep all day.  I tried to fall asleep for a little while, and then just as I'd sort of drifted off the piano tuning man showed up.  I was too excited to ask him questions to stay in bed. (The piano was made in 1954, is structurally good, hadn't been tuned in 5-10 years, is a good beginner piano, has only 80 keys -- oh well, no biggie for now.)

Also, I can't taste anything.  I just polished off a bowl of Ramen and thought it wasn't salty enough.  I have a sleep-deprivation headache, but my body is just insisting that noon is an inappropriate time to go to bed and will not let me sleep!  So here I am, just being gross.  I think I'll go lay on the couch and watch some X-Files while my cat and dog pretend to be mountain goats and imagine that I am the most desirable mountain peak to be conquered.




p.s.  Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment