Monday, March 12, 2012

Loving the Weather!

What an absolutely wonderful, beautiful day!

I got to drive to my piano lesson with the windows down and the music up.  I was also pleased, because my piano instructor gave me more than 4 pages of piano music to work on this week.  That will be much more exciting!  All of the notes are now on a fancy staff.  So now I have to practice reading them based on location and not the little letters printed inside the notes.  Exciting stuff!

After finishing up an assignment and before class, I also got to sit outside in the warm sunshine (and wind) and read.  It felt wonderful, but I was sitting right in the sun and knew I wasn't wearing any sunscreen, so after a bit I went back inside.  My cheeks still feel a little warm (I came back in over two hours ago), and I'm wondering if they are a bit pink from our date with the beautiful sun.

Now I'm back inside and trying to write a critique of myself from a video of a pretend-therapy session.  I'm not sure why I'm struggling so much with this assignment.  I've just whipped up my other written assignments thinking, "Well, it's my first semester, I'll see what their expectations are and go from there," and then just written however I am most comfortable.  This one I've been having trouble doing that with.  It's a two-page max assignment, so geez, I just need to clunk it out.  So far I have a paragraph.  I watched the video and took written notes over two weeks ago!  My goal is just make myself finish this in the next half hour.  Just write!  The faster I get this business over with, the more I can enjoy the beautiful weather this week instead of being trapped inside in front of the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment