Friday, April 13, 2012

Dollar Shave Club

I don't know exactly why, but I am in awe of this:


And it's real!  And it's f*cking hilarious.

I don't really care that it's marketed for men, I'm signing up for this!  I practically have a coronary every time I walk into the razor section of Wal-Mart -- $15 for 3 razor heads??  Let me count the ways $15 could be better spent:
  1. 2 copies of Harold and Maude on DVD
  2. 2 pizzas from Dominos and extra garlic sauce for Stephen
  3. 15 movies from Redbox
  4.  Student discount date-night at the movies with smuggled candy
  5. 20 treats for my sweet pup from the local dog bakery
  6. A shit-ton of homemade nachos
  7. I could upgrade my subscription to Netflix, which I am too cheap to do
  8. A book or two
  9. A couple of pool noodles
  10. 5 cans of tennis balls for Stephen
  11. I'm running out of ideas, but razors are not ever on my list of things spend $15 on
Thankfully my father-in-law jacked a bunch of free samples of some fancy razor or another, and I haven't had to buy one for the last six months.  However, my hoard is beginning to run low.  Dollar shave club ... here I come!

2 comments:

  1. There are a couple tricks you can do in order to make the disposable ones last longer. First of all, rinse them well when you're done, dry them off, and store them in a dry place (that is, not in the shower).

    Next, if it doesn't feel as sharp as it used to, you can hone it a bit on your forearm. With your left palm facing upwards, hold your razor like you normally would (assuming right hand)to shave your legs, and push your razor on your forearm in the direction from your elbow to your wrist. You should NOT be shaving your arm, and make sure you don't drag the razor from side to side (ow).

    It helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! I am super bad at leaving them in the shower. While I still think the idea is awesome and that their little promo is hilarious, I really don't need that many razors! So I'll work on preserving the ones I have :)

      Delete