Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just Keep Swimming, Or Biking, Or Walking ...




So that whole "Couch to 5k" thing is not going to work out.  And yes, I know I said I was going to try really hard to stick to it.  And I did try!  But, I think the important thing is that I keep moving in some way.  I've played tennis with Stephen, and I walk my awesome, wonderful, happy dog (who happens to be an absolute ray of sunshine -- I am so in love with her!).

I think this is actually more important than sticking with one thing only.  I tried it, and the program was moving a little too fast for my ultra-out-of-shape body.  I didn't feel any particular sense of accomplishment when I was done; I just felt glad it was over!  So I think that as long as I keep moving (physically, and more often than I am used to), that it counts as "sticking with it."  "It" being moving, not necessarily in the format of a Couch to 5k deal.
(http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/cycling-helmets/indicator.html)

On to new ways of moving!  I bought a bike helmet with the awesome assistance of my friend Charlesephine.   ------>

I think it is beautiful, and I'm looking forward to getting "back in the saddle," so to speak.  I haven't ridden a bike since I was about 8 or 9 years old.  I had no interest at the time in learning, but my younger sister B. was learning and it just seemed utterly ridiculous that she should know something I didn't.  So ... I learned enough to say I could do it, and when I outgrew that bike I never gave it another thought.

Charlesephine tells me biking is magical.  And I like the idea of being able to go further in the same amount of time as walking.  I love scenery and trees and such.  There is a lovely trail just behind our complex that is for biking and walking, and I'm excited to see if riding a bike really is a thing one never forgets how to do.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment